- A deposit of $200 is required to reserve Private Training sessions. The balance for the selected program is due at the first meeting. The deposit is non-refundable for no shows or cancellations. If an unavoidable emergency or crisis arises, contact me as soon as known and I can reschedule the start date.Your first lesson is to understand you and you alone are responsible for the control and management of your dog!
Please follow all instructions given during Private Training and Group Classes to ensure the safety of your dog and person and those around you.
We do NOT do nor allow nose to nose greetings of leashed dogs.
Should your dog harm another dog or person, you are fully responsible for any damages done to said dog or person unless the dog is under my personal control (I have the leash in hand) at the time of the incident, or I have given specific instructions that put a dog or person directly in harms way.
Should I be bitten by any dog in private training, group class or board & train program, I will take responsibility for my injuries unless it is the result of falsified information regarding the dogs temperament or the owner has negated to inform me in advance that the dog has shown signs of aggression; in which case the dog will be dismissed from the program and the dogs owner responsible for any injuries.
Deposits for Board & Train Programs:
The amount of deposit paid for a program is deducted from the balance due.
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable unless an agreement was reached between client and The Practical Dog "Good Dog" Training in advance of the Board & Train program starting.
Group classes are paid for in full at the time of sign up. If a student opts, for whatever reason, not to take the class after signing up a refund will only be given for a veterinarian excused medical problem that prevents the dog from participating in the class.
Time is the most precious commodity any of us has; as such I have great respect for mine and yours and require the same of those I work with. Because of that, there are some guidelines below in regards to how time will be treated.
I will be on time for our appointments, and if an unexpected delay occurs, even if it is just two minutes, I will call and let you know, I expect the same in return. I keep a schedule and require my clients to make note and know when and where our scheduled appointments are; I do not have the time to remind people of the commitment they have made to their dog and me.
The rules below are in place to help ensure this is understood and followed.
- Cell phones are to be muted during our training sessions. Time management is something that is required for you to be successful in both learning what is being taught, and staying focused on the task at hand. If you can not stay focused on the task at hand, neither can your dog. Our time together is short in the scheme of things, so take full advantage of it.
- A deposit of $200 is required to reserve Private Training sessions. The balance for the selected program is due at the first meeting. The deposit is non-refundable for no shows or cancelations. If an unavoidable emergency or crisis arises, contact me as soon as known and I can reschedule the start date.
- Payment for evaluations / consultations is due at the time of booking. You will be sent an invoice from our Square business account and your time reserved once payment is received. You will be given 24 hours in which to pay the invoice after which time it will be canceled and no appointment made.
- Active clients who cancel appointments without a minimum of 24 hours notice, barring a legitimate emergency, will have that scheduled training session count as complete, reducing the remaining sessions by one.
If a scheduled appointment is canceled by you I will respond letting you know to contact me on the next business day so that we can reschedule; if there is no contact, after one week it will be deemed that you have opted not to continue training and that will conclude all of our training sessions. If in the future you opt to continue training, it will begin at the beginning requiring a new agreement and full payment of the desired sessions in advance of the new agreed upon start date.
- For the six (6) week private training sessions to be beneficial and successful they need to be completed in a timely manner; we allow eight (8) weeks in which to complete the six week training sessions to accommodate for emergencies, pre-made travel plans, etc. If the six (6) sessions are not completed in the allowed eight (8) weeks and there is no written agreement allowing for an extension, the remaining sessions will be considered forfeited. If a client wishes to pick up training in the future, it will be considered a new start and the full price to be paid in advance of scheduling the first meeting.
- Twelve (12) weeks are given to complete the ten (10) week private training program.
We know emergencies happen, we have them ourselves from time to time, and our policies are not intended to negate such. If you have an emergency that interferes with our scheduled meetings, please contact us as soon as possible; we are more than willing to work something out with you without penalty when possible and within reason.
If I don't have a program that fits your needs, we may be able to develop one specifically for your situation.